What are the differences between synthetic wigs and wigs made from human hair?
· Cost- Synthetic wigs are generally less expensive, often ranging in price from $50to more than $250. Human hair wigs often cost thousands of dollars.
· Style- Synthetic wigs come pre-styled, so you know the look of the wig before you buy it. Most human hair wigs are sold to be styled and cut by a stylist afterward. They must be styled each time they are washed.
· Care - Synthetic wigs maintain their style and do not need to be washed often. Human hair wigs, like human hair, must be washed regularly and styled each time.
What do I have to think about before I buy a wig?
The three major issues are you head size, the wig color and the wig style.
· Size. The average woman's head is between 21.5and 22.5 inches. Small sizes are under 21 inches, and large wigs are designed for women with heads over 22.5 inches. You measure your size by measuring your hairline, i.e., along the forehead, behind the ears and along the back of the neck.
· Color. If you are buying your wig online, be sure to work with the company to determine the correct color. Colors appearing on a computer screen can vary greatly and are inaccurate. Often, you can send the seller a sample of your hair (or the hair of someone who's color matches your desired wig color), and they will try to match it.
· Style. Wigs come in a great variety of styles, from short to long, curly to straight. You can purchase a wig, and then have it cut and styled by a stylist if you want to made additional modifications.
Can I use adhesive to feel more secure?
Yes, you can. There is two type of adhesive- tapes and liquid glue. Both are safe. You should decide depending on the length of time you want to keep the hairpiece on. Prior using any kind of glue, we suggest to apply “Scalp protector” to prevent irritation.
How do I remove the hairpiece after using glue?
There is a product called “Lace release”. Dab on solution over the area you want to remove.
Instructions On How to Measure You Head For Wig Alterations
Wig caps are adjustable. By adjusting the elastic straps, you can make the cap tighter or looser. But if you would like your wig to be made to fit your head, please follow these easy instructions.
To measure the circumference of your head for a wig, take the tape measure and place it at the middle of your forehead at the hairline. Then run the tape around the head, behind one ear,around the nape of the neck, behind the other ear, then back to the front at the hairline.
Measuring Around Head
Measuring Ear To Ear
Front To Nape
Measuring Temple To Temple
Fees are on average $100 for reducing the wig's size, and usually double the price of the wig for larger heads (since they combine two wigs). Please call us for more information if needing a larger wig made.